Monday, June 20, 2011

#97 (2007): Blade Runner

Note: We actually watched this movie last year, but we're a little late on posting.

M: This is a classic film for me I’ve seen a dozen times. A futuristic L.A. overrun by industry. Blade Runners are the cops of artificial life forms called Replicants created to work in off-world colonies. When those replicants go rogue, Blade Runners are called in to “retire” the them. A Band of replicants escape with the intent to find their creator and get more life, because they are created with a 4-year lifespan and their time is running out. Deckard (Harrison Ford) is a Blade Runner forced out of retirement to track down the escaped replicants and retire them, but finds conflict when he acquires an unlikely love interest.

M's rating:





J: I thought this was going to be a fun action-adventure type Indiana Jones or Star Wars, but it was more sci-fi drama. Not really my thing, but I do like movies that take place in some kind of dystopian future. Of all the movies we've watched so far, it was probably my second-least favorite (after Unforgiven). Also, I wish I had done this write-up earlier so I had more to say about the movie. I guess it was just okay for me. We need a third mask, Comedy, Tragedy, Indifference. This would get an Indifference mask. But since I didn't spend the entire time wishing it would end, I'll put it on the positive side.

J's rating:





IMDB

Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment